The University of the Witwatersrand (Wits), Wits School of Governance (WSG) through the Centre for Learning on Evaluation and Results Anglophone Africa (CLEAR-AA), invites qualified individuals to apply for the following junior position on an 18 month renewable contract.
M&E OFFICER: CLEAR WITS (X2)
Reporting to a Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will provide content and administrative support to the delivery of the strategic programme of CLEAR-AA. The successful candidate will be expected to translate the CLEAR’s programmatic vision and strategy into the delivery of high quality technical advisory services, research and knowledge generation, and a professional approach to programme management and M&E capacity development/training.
The incumbent will be expected to:
· Develop and maintain high functioning networks and partnerships across the African continent and globally, including multilateral organisations, governments, universities, think tanks/M&E centres of excellence, international civil society, professional M&E associations, and other CLEAR centres
· Conceptualise new projects and contribute expertise and methodological rigour to the Centre’s programme and reports
· Participate in the implementation of the CLEAR-AA programme within the South African government, selected African countries and the University of Wits and the School of Governance, by providing evaluation leadership in steering/facilitation and support for research and publications
· Ensure the Centre’s highest level of quality services and products to establish CLEAR-AA as a recognisable African brand of global M&E excellence
· Champion CLEAR-AA’s communication capacity development through innovative use of social media
· Publish academically
· Additional CLEAR-related work as directed by the Head of School and CLEAR-AA Director
(1) Degree in M&E, Development Studies or other relevant field;
(2) 5 years practical experience in the M&E or research related environment;
3) 3 to 5 years’ experience in project management
Competencies the successful candidate should have are: excellent verbal and written communication; time management/ability to prioritise; strong data management and data analysis; establishing results frameworks; designing M&E tools and systems; qualitative and/or quantitative evaluation skills; project management; dissemination of information (knowledge products) in a way that is accessible, manageable, and which supports the work of individuals in an organisation; advanced Ms-Excel skills; excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to travel. A masters degree would be highly desirable.
Closing date 2 February 2016. Click here to apply.