The West African Health Organisation (WAHO) in its budget for fiscal year 2018 has earmarked some funds to implementing the research project “Moving maternal, newborn and child health Evidence into Policy (MEP) in West Africa”, and intends to use part of the funds to make payments under the following contract: Recruiting one (1) Individual Consultant to develop an evidence-based policy-making guideline for WAHO.
The main objective is to develop an adapted guide for the use of evidence in development and implementation of health policies, plans and protocols in the ECOWAS region.
Specifically, the consultant will be tasked with the following:
- Conduct a review of the health policy formulation and implementation process in ECOWAS countries;
- Conduct a review of the evidence use guides;
- Develop a practical guide for the use of evidence in the formulation and implementation of health policies adapted to the context of ECOWAS countries.
The mission is to last for 20 days.
Mission Commencement Date
Profile of the Consultant
The mission must be conducted by an Individual Consultant, with the following profiles:
- Post-graduate degree (Master or Doctorate) in Public Health, Sociology or Medical, Anthropology, Demography, International Development,
- Good knowledge of the West African countries,
- Have a similar guide development mission experience,
- Demonstrated experience in one of the following areas: Knowledge Transfer, Evidence-based policy-making, policy formulation and analysis,
- At least 10 year-experience in Public Health issues, MNCH in Sub-Saharan Africa,
- Fluent skills in English with professional level in French.
Content of the Expression
The West African Health Organisation (WAHO) invites qualified individual consultants to express their interest in providing the aforementioned services.
Interested individual consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services described above: Their expression will include:
- a letter of expression of interest stating the subject of the mission;
- a detailed, sincere, dated and signed Curriculum Vitae by the consultant, highlighting qualifications and experience in carrying out similar assignments, as well as references for possible checks.
The Consultant will be selected based on the Consultants’ Qualification method (CQS) in accordance with the ECOWAS Tender Code (effective from 1st January 2014).
Information, Date and Venue for Submission of Applications
Interested consultants may access the TORs on WAHO website at: w3.wahooas.org
They may also get additional information on reference materials from the address stated below and on the following working days and office hours: Monday to Friday between 8 am and 4 pm.
The expression of interest with the reference “Recruiting an Individual Consultant to develop an evidence-based policy-making guideline for WAHO” may be received by WAHO Secretariat via post or email at the address below not later than 11.00 am (GMT) on 30th October 2018.
West African Health Organisation
01 BP 153 Bobo-Dioulasso 01
Avenue Ouezzin COULIBALY
Telephone: (226) 20 97 57 75/ 20 97 00 97
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org