The secretariat of the International HIV/AIDS Alliance is commissioning the development of an evidence map on the outcomes of our existing and past programmes to make accessing and interpreting research evidence quicker and easier in our everyday work. The evidence map should make research and evaluation findings accessible to non-academic consumers of research and allow for more efficient uptake of evidence across the organisation.
The aim is to make the available evidence accessible in a user-friendly format to help devise better programmes, inform our advocacy and strategic decisions and to highlight gaps for future research and evaluations. dence across the organisation. The aim is to make the available evidence accessible in a user-friendly format to help devise better programmes, inform our advocacy and strategic decisions and to highlight gaps for future research and evaluations.
We are looking for someone with:
- Previous experience of creating functional evidence gap maps and related tools for non-academic audiences
- Strong grasp of research methods and appraisal of research evidence, evidenced through a strong track record of scientific publications
- Understanding of how international NGOs work
- Ability to communicate research evidence in a digestible manner that allows non research savvy stakeholders to make evidence-informed decisions
- Technical knowledge related to HIV, public health and/or human rights issues relevant to HIV-affected communities.
Please send the following documents to Marina Schkot (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 15 June 2018, with EVIDENCE MAP PROPOSAL in the subject line of the email:
- An expression of interest outlining why you and/or your organisation are best placed to conduct this work;
- A study protocol outlining the methods to be used and proposed timeline;
- A description of the software that the proposed evidence map will rely on, and whether it requires a license that would have renewal costs, or whether there would be any other development, update or maintenance costs associated with the software;
- An indicative budget; and
- CVs of the consultants.
For further information download the full Terms of Reference for the consultancy.