Reporting to the Director, the position will be expected to: translate the Centre vision and strategy into delivery of high quality technical advisory services, research and knowledge generation. The role includes overseeing consultants, staff and research associates in the production of M&E and public management outputs for clients, including training materials, guidelines etc. and providing technical support to practitioners.
The incumbent will be expected to:
• Drive the sustainability of one of CLEAR AA’s four program areas, including managing current and potentially new clients both within SA and the Anglophone African region
• Support the relationship between CLEAR AA, the WSG and the University by providing academic leadership, support for teaching and research as well as seeking out areas of collaboration with other centres/departments within the University
• Develop and maintain high functioning networks and partnerships across the African continent, globally and with other multilateral organisations, governments, universities, think tanks/M&E centres of excellence, international civil society, and other CLEAR centres
• Design and manage training programmes and workshops on new and innovative approaches to strengthening evaluative thinking in public sector, private sector and civil society programmes.
• A Master’s degree in Economics, Public Administration, Political Science or other relevant advanced degree • At least five years’ experience in conducting evaluations (design, programme, implementation, impact or meta-evaluation) , experience in designing and running Government or civil society M&E systems and
• Computer literacy and excellent use of social media
• Excellent interpersonal skills • Strong project management experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (fluency in English)
• Willingness to travel both locally and international when required
To submit your application for the above mentioned posts, please register (https://irec.wits.ac.za) and uploading your detailed curriculum vitae including covering letter as well as name, address and contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees. Please also attach the following: your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong and a list of accredited research output. If you have problems with registration on our portal forward C.V and all documents to email@example.com
Deadline:13 March 2016
Contact name:Ms Mirriam Sibanda