The University of the Witwatersrand (Wits), Wits School of Governance (WSG) through the Centre for Learning on Evaluation and Results Anglophone Africa (CLEAR-AA), invites qualified individuals of substantive stature to apply for the following junior positions on a one-year contract at R150 000.
The three programme areas that the junior researchers will be posted to are:
- Supporting Evaluation Capacity Builders
- Seeking out innovative methods of evaluation in selected sectoral areas
- Strengthening legislative oversight.
The incumbent will be expected to:
- Organise workshops and assist with the logistics and facilitation for training and dissemination of learning events
- Carry out research including designing surveys, fieldwork both within and outside of South Africa, inclusive of interviews with relevant stakeholders
- Write research reports, policy briefs, and collaborate with senior staff for publication of research
- Be responsible for quantitative and statistical analysis, data entry and data cleaning
- Be responsible for administrative support, correspondence and reporting as well as writing proposals
- Engage with social media to raise the profile of CLEAR-AA, including Twitter and blogging.
Requirements: • Master’s degree or postgraduate studies in Development Studies, Public and Development Management, Monitoring and Evaluation or related field of study • Experience in quantitative and qualitative research, literature review and interviewing techniques • Ability to be a team player and comfortable in working in a collaborative environment • Strong, results-oriented research and analytical skills and ability to find innovative solutions to real world problems • Excellent writing skills, including the ability to clearly analyse and explain a complex topic verbally and in writing • Attention to detail and knowledge of academic protocols and standards • Innovative and strategic thinking ability • Strong work ethic and high standards for achievement.
Closing date: 18 April 2016
Read the full job description here