The International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie) is offering three (3) bursaries for African nationals to attend the Development Evaluation Training Programme in Africa (DETPA) 2018 Advanced track from 13-24 August 2018 in Parktown, Johannesburg, South Africa. This regional programme, organised by CLEAR-AA aims to encourage and promote evidence-based decision-making in Africa. The target audience includes M&E practitioners, evaluators, and practitioners wishing to refresh their knowledge as well as planners and decision-makers who are interested in using better evidence for more informed decision-making.
What is DETPA?
DETPA is an annual flagship Monitoring and Evaluation Capacity Building Programme aimed towards addressing the high demand for M&E capacity building on the African continent. This course trains M&E practitioners to help address the challenges of development on the African continent. DETPA’s vision seeks to embrace an African approach to evaluation. It acknowledges that context, culture, history, and beliefs are critical to the way we shape evaluation in response to the diversity and complexity of development in Africa.
Advanced Track Modules :
- Made in Africa Evaluation
- Impact Evaluation
- Deepening Evaluation
- Evaluating Impact Investing
1) Participants must be nationals of, and currently residing in an African country.
2) Participants must be employed by a local agency (i.e., not a multilateral agency or an international organization that has the capacity to fund its employees).
3) Participants must be actively engaged as impact evaluators or evidence synthesisers or others working directly with rigorous evidence and promoting its use in decision-making in an African country.
4) Participants must provide a letter of support from their employers.
(i) Round-trip economy-class airfare from the participant’s home city
(ii) Accommodation (specified by 3ie)
(iii) Course tuition fees
Participants are responsible for costs associated with the visa application process, ground transportation such as airport transfers, and meals which are not included in the registration fee. 3ie will not provide per diem/daily allowances.
How to Apply?
Please submit the following documentation: Proof of citizenship,motivational letter (300 words) and professional CV to email@example.com.